Direct link to twitter: www.twitter.com/nickmargerrison
Direct link to podcast: http://thecultofnick.libsyn.com/
Or click on the massive iTunes button to subscribe to the podcast...

Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes

thecultofnick

The final word of the sentence reveals it is about nothing.

I've decided to enter into the long hair lottery again. I had some food with a mate today and he's cut his. I'm not saying it looked rubbish, but he did for me but I am saying that I quite like mine longish. Also, with long hair, at night, I can stand in front of a full length mirror and dress up as a hippy. I like to pretend I've got hippy sympathies. I think the 1960's, like Communism, was a good idea which went a bit wrong*. In essence letting Ringo sing a song is a nice idea, even if it does result in Yellow Submarine.

When I say I'm entering into the long hair lottery I'm stealing my mate little phrase. I think it was a factor in his decision to get it cut. Anyone who has long hair knows that each day you have a new hairstyle. It has a mind of its own. One day your hair looks cool the next it looks like it'd be more suited to your scrot#m.

The reason you enter the lottery is because some days you get to look (in your imagination) like a rockstar.** This to me is a good thing because for years I laboured under the delusion that I'd one day be a rockstar. This sort of delusion leads to many embarrasments the worst of which was having someone at school play a tape of me with my acoustic guitar singing earnestly. Little pric#s saying you look a bit like a girl is like water off a duck's foot after that.

NM

Tomorrow, ten to 11. It's judgement day for my little foot, and ear and everything else.

*This is actually a sentiment I've put over before. Comrades. Only to be swiftly and neatly rebuked by the mighty Wayne who wrote:

"Hi Nick just read your blog and a question and an answer.What went wrong with Woodstock?Communism went wrong because it was never run correctly, all it was was a Ultimate Capitalist system, run simply by the Mafia. Unlike our Capitalist system were anyone can join the Party (which through luck, or chosen partner:0) rather than skill,) you have to be invited to join the Party in the Communist system we know of.Cheers Wayne".

Examples of Woodstock going wrong? Exhibit A: The fact it was declared a disaster area. Exhibit B: Woodstock II. No further questions your honour.

**My stand-up set currently has one funny joke. It goes like this. Hi, my name's Nick. I grew my hair long to look like John Lennon, ended up looking like Meatloaf. It has always got a laugh on stage. My set goes downhill from there. The reason it's funny is because John Lennon looks really cool and Meatloaf is a fat tw#t who used to have long hair. Actually John Lennon used to look cool. He doesn't anymore, he's dead. Well I guess he looks sort of cool. If he was singing in a heavy metal band. Erm.

No comments:

Follow by Email