Direct link to twitter: www.twitter.com/nickmargerrison
Direct link to podcast: http://thecultofnick.libsyn.com/
Or click on the massive iTunes button to subscribe to the podcast...

Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes

thecultofnick

... for whom the smell rolls

I've sat for about half an hour trimming my substantial beard into a sort of goatee type thing with graded stubble surrounding it (oh yeah! Who's the daddy?). It looks not much different to how it did before, just a bit trimmed. The thing is I started out by doing it so it was really obvious. Sure I left the stubble bit to soften the effect but I had a real goatee growth hanging off my face. I did this using my beard trimmer which has 4 settings on it!

Then I decided I did look, literally, a like a c#nt. "That's no good" I thought. "I was going for 'the bit of a c#nt' look", I mused. So I started trimming the goatee down a bit and now I vage the ghost of what once was but it looks a lot better and less potentially embarrasing.

There's nothing worse than getting all excited about a new look and seeing the first real person's face react to it in horror. I remember in the early 90's I quite liked the 'cardigan' look that some people (notably Kurt Cobain) managed to pull off in that era. Fantastic I thought. I'll go but a cardigan. From a second hand shop, 'coz I'm grunge! Off I went and got a granny's cardigan which I now understand looked really bad*. At the time I thought it made me look like a proper dude.

Stumbling towards a room full of all my peers I had no idea of the eye watering carnage and sheer embarrasment that awaited me...

NM

*Not even worth trying to explain why or how. Imagine the worst and that's what you've got. An unglamourous transvestitve type look from some 80's documentary about a bloke about to have a sex change.

Here's a video about 9/11. Warning! It's 1hour 20minutes long. I watched it all and it has seriously wrecked my head. I dig all the conspiracy theory stuff surrounding both that and the Kennedy assasination. This world is a deeply scary place. Just lift the page and look what's there. Nasty eh? Why do you think I muse on fashion faux pas these days?



If the video doesn't work here's a link to the film on Google.video.

No comments:

Follow by Email