Direct link to twitter: www.twitter.com/nickmargerrison
Direct link to podcast: http://thecultofnick.libsyn.com/
Or click on the massive iTunes button to subscribe to the podcast...

Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes

thecultofnick

Turned this whole thing into a f#cking farce.

I've got to stop looking at my hit counter. I'm becoming obsessed with it. It's not normal. Initially I had moral reservations about putting a hit counter on. I started this 'blog as a bit of fun. An outlet for my ramblings which don't fit on the radio or in my (not very good) stand-up. But soon ego starts to take over a bit and I started noticing that people were really looking at it and reading it. In the end my ego simply couldn't resist and I put one up. Now I'm in a hell of my own devising.

Let me explain. I get in to work. I sit down. I drum my fingers on the table. I glance from side to side. I roll my eyes and then I exclaim - "fu#k it I'll just have a quick check of my hit counter". Once I've looked and either got excited that it's higher than the previous day or a bit dissapointed and defensive because it's gone down a bit I go make a cup of tea.

Then I sit down. I drum my fingers on the table. I glance from side to side. I roll my eyes and then I exclaim - "fu#k it I'll just have a quick check of my hit counter". Once I've looked and either got excited that it's higher than the previous day or a bit dissapointed and defensive because it's gone down a bit I go make a cup of tea.

And so the cycle continues until I start my radio show.

Then there's a short break as I play a few songs and stuff.

Then I finish, come upstairs and sit down. I drum my fingers on the table. I glance from side to side. I roll my eyes and then I exclaim - "fu#k it I'll just have a quick check of my hit counter". Once I've looked and either got excited that it's higher than the previous day or a bit dissapointed and defensive because it's gone down a bit I go make a cup of tea.

Next week here's my plan. I'm not going to look at my hit counter all week. I'm going to leave it. All I'm asking is that as a reader you don't go and leave me writing to myself. There's quite a few people look at this thing now and I'd hate to think everyone was about to f#ck off just because I stopped checking my hit counter.

Listen to my logic? What the hell is wrong with me?

Oh dear.

I need a cup of tea, a sit down and...

Help.

NM

No comments:

Follow by Email