Direct link to twitter: www.twitter.com/nickmargerrison
Direct link to podcast: http://thecultofnick.libsyn.com/
Or click on the massive iTunes button to subscribe to the podcast...

Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes

thecultofnick

As you like it

I, like everyone else, was sad to hear that cheesey Big Brother "star" Anthony has been the victim of a bit of random violence over the weekend. Apparently some thug bludgeoned his nose for fun. Not nice.

The thing about it is that there will be a proportion of people who'll relish this news and think it's okay to gloat about it. It's not. Human savagary is always depressing. Even when the victim is a grinning halfwit.

What strikes me about these things is that firstly whenever you get a bit of unprovoked violence like this there's always people who try to make out that there's some sort of justice there: "Oh he must have done something to deserve it..."

Bo#locks. That is not always the case.

I've seen (in fact I know people) who will kick off for no reason. They get off on it. There's no rhyme or reason for it. Yet always there's some fuc#nut who'll trot out a little bit of cod-morality. "He was looking at his burd" - "He spilt his pint" - "He gave him an odd look" etc, etc. What rubbish. All this really means is that they hope it never happens to them so they've invented a number of things which they'd never do.

The -serves you right- mentality.

I remember getting a kicking once in Sheffield for no good reason. The excuse was that I'd 'pinched [his] burds arse'.

The number of people who then trotted out the - "ooh but you can be argumentative, did they know who you were?". No. I didn't argue with them I didn't get the chance. They were too busy beating me with their fists and feet. So f#ck off and let me go buy some make-up to cover this black eye.

Yes, that's right! I wore make-up. On my black eye. I was caught between two polar opposites: feel like a woman with make-up on or an uber-hardman with a black eye.

"Grr - yeh, you should have seen the other fella - grrr! I've got a black-eye so f#ck yooo!".

So. I'm not just putting a link up to this story about Anthony off Big Brother because I think it's funny that he got punched. I don't think it's funny. I'm sure you won't either. Nor is the idea that he might now be putting make-up on amusing. Or the inevitable soul searching he'll have done when he was on his own with his wound.

NM

No comments:

Follow by Email