You skip my mind and look over there. v2

Driving into work today I see a baby faced girl of about 17 with a pink baseball cap on chewing gum and driving a car with two massive England flags pinned precariously to the doors. I've already made it clear that I hope England are disqualified from the world cup as soon as possible. I'm not sure if I've ever put into print how much flags in general annoy me. I've certainly broadcast my viewpoints in the past.

I recently read an opinion piece by (I think) Charlie Brooker in (I think) The Guardian about how flags are a sort of branding iron printed onto thick people. The beauty of these labels, he wrote, is that the thickos actually stick them on themselves. Listeners to my old phone in will recognise this argument as one I put forward a couple of years ago.

The thing I don't like about this though is it's smug, self satisfied and avoids the real reason flags are so awful.

I think of each country as being a corporation much like Tesco or McDonalds. The only difference is that England has been around for such a long time that it existed before there were laws and moral restraints holding back its desires*. As a consequence England is a bigger and more powerful corporation. Its aims are simple, make money and look after the top dogs. As employees of England we are tended to as a farmer tends his crops. Great.

But not so great that I want to put flags on my car, sing the company anthem and pretend to give a s#it how the sports team does like some f#cking vegetable brained a#se mind.

Do you see what I mean?

I got some Tesco clubcards coupons today. I couldn't help but feel like a twat when I was pulling them out and sticking them into my pocket. I know it's bulls#it. I don't know why I even got a clubcard. "Baa baa" like a bloody sheep. I know corporations are wrong, morally.

"In life, you're either f#cking someone or you're being fu#ked!"

But if you know in your heart that corporations are wrong ask yourself about the nation you so proudly claim to be a part of. England sends its employees to fight in wars, kill people and be killed. I don't remember that being part of the deal when I worked at Morrisons!

Flying a flag in my opinion is very un-English. It's not something which is part of my culture anyway and I'm more English than most**. It's impractical as well.

In fact that was what I was going to write in the first place.

Driving down the motorway with my Dad, some tw#t is infront of us with two flags on their car. One of them flys off in the wind and smashes into the vehicle behind him. We're slowly drawing up alongside this cretin and I see his 17 - 18 year old thick t#at face. It reminds me of a recent conversation I had about how in the 1st world war loads of kids around his age were sent to die in trenches for no good reason in defence of England Ltd. It's a sad moment as I realise that he's too young and stupid to understand that. Four or five generations ago now. Shame.

What's even worse is that as we drove on I found myself thinking "what this generation needs is a bloody good war to shake them up a bit".

Don't look at the screen like that you cu#t. I realised I was wrong as soon as I thought it. You've thought the same thing yourself. You just won't admit it!

NM

*The laws which stop McDonalds from housing its workers and sending employees to war have of course been put in place by England to stop it from becoming a threat.

**I don't EVER go abroad. Ever. I hate the idea.

Comments

Leather Face said…
Personally I don't mind car flags, I don't particularly enjoy Nationalism either as it's the next step forward or backward towards Nazism, Communism or Capitalism - interestingly all ism's and all the crazy systems that we allow ourselves to sleep in, only some of us realise our crap and how good they are - it all depends on if you rich or poor, there's no inbetween ;0)

What I like is fun flags such as the one's I stick on my gas guzzling 6.6 litre 1980 Pontiac Trans-Am, which is a US Confederate flag.

Now this confederate flag is part of The General Lee; which is a car, or more precise a 1969 Dodge Charger; Orange Dodge Charger.

Now this confederate flag is in reality a very racist flag! Just do your research. In reality though no one who was born before 1975 (me 1972) gives a shit or knows about the Confederate flag, hell though's born in a World that doesn't care (the 80's and on ;0) don't even know what the confedarate flag looks like.

So what am I trying to say? Well in a way I agree with Nicholarse!!! (so what's new?) - Well I aint nervous on a radio talk show :0) So here goes.

I personally feel flags such as the St Georges Flag, Union Jack, Pakistan Flag and Stars and Stripes are as racist as the Natzi-Swasticker!!! Just look at the types of people who display them?

Now lets go back to the confederates flag, it's now a fun flag for me and everyone who I know who sees it. Why? Because the first thought in their and my head is "Dukes of Hazzard" and Boss Hog (although Muslim's and Jew's may find a human being reffered to a pig as offensive????) and The Good Ol' Boy's!!!

Of course Capitalism as a lot to do with flags. I've argued with Nick before about Capitalism on radio bu he played the Ace of Heart Card and said, "so you'd send KIDS to work in a sewer!!!" I will go in to this further later but I will say I thought an intellectual guy such as Nick wouldn't have sunk to the "oh what about the children???" line. Obviously he was as stuck as I was but he was the pro, I wasn't ;0) - I think I could beat you easily now on why Capitalism is wrong for civilization!!!

PS. I hoped you've recordeed that "If...The Oil Runs Out" on BBC2? Which it won't, it will just Peak! Then Civilisation will just collapse :0)

PPS. Loving this comments bit, it feels like a uncensored talk show :0)

PPPS. Hope I don't sond like a $rickk - ahhhggggg!!! that died, I do, i've had a beer!!! :0)


Catch yer later!!! Wayne the Conspiracy Theorist
Leather Face said…
LOL well I feel there should be some sort of "Modify" option for imbeciles like me who don't read their posts through properly before posting.

Well here's the re-post:

Personally I don't mind car flags. I don't enjoy Nationalism either as it's the next step forward or backward towards Nazism, Communism or Capitalism - or all the crazy systems that we allow ourselves to sleep in. At least some of us realise our crap our Cpitalist system is and how good it is- it all depends on if you rich or poor, there's no inbetween ;0)

What I like is fun flags such as the one's I stick on my gas guzzling 6.6 litre 1980 Pontiac Trans-Am, which is a US Confederate flag.

Now this confederate flag is part of The General Lee; which is a car, or more precise a 1969 Dodge Charger; Orange Dodge Charger, from the Dukes of Hazard.

Now this confederate flag is in reality a very racist flag! Just do your research. In reality though no one who was born before 1975 (me 1972) gives a shit or knows about the origins of the Confederate flag. Though's born in a World that doesn't care (the 80's and onwards ;0) may not even know what the confedarate flag looks like.

So what am I trying to say? Well in a way I agree with Nicholarse!!! (so what's new?) - Well I aint nervous on a radio talk show this time :0) So here goes.

I personally feel flags such as the St Georges Flag, Union Jack, Pakistan Flag and Stars and Stripes are as racist as the Nazi-Swasticker!!! Just look at the types of people who display them?

Now lets go back to the confederates flag. It's a fun flag for me and for everyone who I know who sees it. Why? Because the first thought in their and my head is the "Dukes of Hazzard" and Boss Hog (although Muslim's and Jew's may find a human being reffered to has a pig as offensive????) and The Good Ol' Boy's!!!

Of course Capitalism has a lot to do with flags. I've argued with Nick before about Capitalism on radio but he played the Ace of Heart Card and said, "so you'd send KIDS to work in a sewer!!!" I will go in to this further later but I will say I thought an intellectual guy such as Nick wouldn't have sunk to the "oh what about the children???" line.

Obviously he was has stuck as I was but he was the pro, I wasn't ;0) - I think I could beat you easily now on why Capitalism is wrong for civilization!!!

PS. I hoped you've recordeed that "If...The Oil Runs Out" on BBC2? Which it won't, it will just Peak! Then Civilisation will just collapse :0)

PPS. Loving this comments bit, it feels like a uncensored talk show :0)

PPPS. Hope I don't sond like a $rickk - ahhhggggg!!! that died, I do, i've had a beer!!! :0)


Catch yer later!!! Wayne the Conspiracy Theorist

Popular Posts