Direct link to twitter: www.twitter.com/nickmargerrison
Direct link to podcast: http://thecultofnick.libsyn.com/
Or click on the massive iTunes button to subscribe to the podcast...

Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes

thecultofnick

This is about time.

My blog obsession is getting out of control. I've just driven to Linda's Sandwich Bar in Mexborough for my first P.A.* in about 4 years. I did it for two reasons; firstly I'd been told they'd name a sandwich after me if I did and secondly I thought it'd make a good blog entry. Now the first bit's fine, that's just blatant egomania. I can cope with that. The Nick At Night Special, is indeed very special, and it's available on Main St Mexborough at a very reasonable price. Like I said, I can deal with egomainia. It's no new thing. It's the fact that I'm letting my blog actually decide things for me. I'm doing things precisely because it might make for a good entry.

I remember reading Richard Herring's blog and he was complaining about the same thing. I think the problem with being a daily blogger is that you start to notice how dull your life is so you end up filling it a bit. In my case you end up posing for pictures infront of a small crowd of people cutting a ribbon to a sandwich bar. With a grin. Thinking - I'll be able to write about this in my blog.

I ate the sandwich which has been named after me. It was very nice but I think it'll have been high in points. I made it my breakfast and lunch combined.

I love the fact that Ginger Dave got so jealous of the fact I had a sandwich named after me that he started ringing up other shops to ask if they'd name one of their's a Dave Henning Special. In the end I think he found someone willing to go along with it so in a way he beat me to it. I think I'll have to try and open a Supermarket next. The sandwich shop was fun. If you're organising a supermarket opening ceremony and you want my services I'll just mention to you now that I want a product named after me. Perhaps a jar of pickle?

NM

*Yeah, P.A. that's the one. If you're not a swanky presenter type like me you'll not know what a P.A. is. It's swanky presenter type language for Personal Appearance. I heard one of the other DJ's using it once. Aren't I great? Actually. No, no I'm not. Ruined.

1 comment:

Foundation said...

Yup, blogging gets obsessive. Hard to let go - a true addiction.

Follow by Email