Direct link to twitter: www.twitter.com/nickmargerrison
Direct link to podcast: http://thecultofnick.libsyn.com/
Or click on the massive iTunes button to subscribe to the podcast...

Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes

thecultofnick

(Saturday) He humoured me but clearly has other plans.

On saturday me and my girlfriend went for a night out with a mate of mine whom I've spoken of before. When we got back to his house, although the offer of a bed was there, we got a taxi back and fell into a deep sleep. I'd drank a weird coffee syle alcoholic drink while round at his house, I'm not sure if that had any effect on what I'm about to relate.

So, I'm sat round a camp fire talking to a mate of mine who I haven't seen for years. I only ever see him when I'm dreaming. He's become a dream indicator for me. This triggers a reality check and I suss I'm dreaming. No, rephrase that. I am now (for the second time in recent memory) Lucid Dreaming. I test this by making the person I'm talking to fall into fits of laughter. Like a puppet they do so. I then imagine they're angry and at once they are. If I stop concentrating on changing my environment it slips back into the routines that it would follow in the real world. I can't explain how amazing it is. You really need to try and do it.

Anyway I decide that this time I'm going to have fun. Probably still a bit drunk from the night's excess I immediately do all of the things you would do if you had unlimited power. Some of these things, in the cold light of day, are a bit embarrasing. Still if you had the chance to have a harem of women and a girlfriend who didn't mind, what would you do? Actually, I can answer that question. You'd make your third leg equal to the trunk of a baby elephant. That's what you'd do. I imagine(d)*.

The whole bizarre experience is hard to structure into a cohesive narrative. I spent (at a guess) around 4 hours flitting round my dream investigating various environments and talking to different people. I managed to get the hang of stopping time. Flying. Mind control. The whole works. It was insane.

I interrogated one of the people in my dream like so:

"You're a character in my dream, this is all an extension of me"

"But I'm real. I have feelings."

"You can't have. I invented you. I can make you angry;"

"F#CK OFF"

"Or make you happy;"

"This is silly (giggles)"

"I can do what I like to you. You're nothing."

Here they started crying. I couldn't take it seriously but now I'm awake it's a bit of a haunting memory. Was I willing them to cry? It didn't seem like it. As I said earlier, the universe I was in ran itself but if I brought my mind to focus on it I could change it. If I then left it it would run as the real world does. This character was crying because it had had its mind bent to my will. I think. Odd.

The whole thing was absolutely weird. It's made me look forward to going to sleep again. It's had me tripping about it all day. Crazy. Crazy. Crazy.

NM

*Ahem. I'm in places a little ashamed of how excited I got once I realised I was The God of this Universe I'd found myself in. I'd just had some fun with my girlfriend and I think that was perhaps what caused me to get carried away.

No comments:

Follow by Email