Slip inside this church of the mind... tell your friends... convert the world.... (Wednesday)

The job I do isn't a particularly draining one but I'm really looking forward to my holiday next week*. The hours I work aren't natural and it's going to be nice to be able to wake up and go to sleep at a normal time again. Little things like that are a bonus to a night worker.

However, that normal lifestyle which I'm painting onto the screen of your mind will of course have to wait until the weekend is over as me and my girlfriend are going up to Edniburger where they have a big comedy festival. I've booked tickets to see Richard Herring. I've never seen him live although I have watched his ex-comedy partner Stewart Lee at work twice. He was great. I am also a regular reader of Richard Herring's weblog. You can find a link to it in my sidebar.

I've wanted to go to the Edingborough festival for ages. It's got such a huge profile in the comedy world. I think the fact we're only going for a weekend is a bit of an a#se in retrospect but I see it as us dipping our toes in the water. If its good perhaps we'll do a week next year.

However, like I say, I'm looking forward to a week off. I've got quite a lot of things to think about at the moment. Getting my head clear will be a much needed bonus.

NM

*Holiday in the sense that I will not be at work. I will not be abroad either. I don't do 'holidays' in the traditional sense. I don't leave the country. No need. Best country in the world, why would I want to go anywhere? My ancestors have picked this patch of land for a reason. Not sure what it was but there we are.

Comments

Popular Posts