(Friday) As a kid I remember being dissapointed that not all Japanese people knew Kung Fu...

The blog continued its rise to glory this week as it got me admitted to one of my favourite comedy clubs for free. Guestlist status via blogging! That's surely got to be something of a first? Certainly a first for this blog. The club in question was Zumeba, a place which I've given some pretty good reviews to in the past on here. It really is a great club and I strongly reccommend you go if you get the chance. Oddly enough, this time round the place was packed out, usually there's only around 40 or so people. Perhaps this is a result of all my fantastic reviews on here? More likely thanks to the students being back and that old fashioned 'word of mouth' thing which tends to do well for stuff like that.

I really enjoyed the show but as I watched it I started to get the fear about what's happening later next week. I'm doing some more stand-up. This is a bit of a worrying prospect, mainly because I'm not very good at it yet. Comedy is a very easy thing to have an opinion on but an incredibly difficult thing to do well. Here are some of my 'hilarious' jokes:

"I've cut my hair recently. I grew it long to look like John Lennon, ended up looking like Meatloaf..."

My girlfriend hates the above joke but it gets a laugh more often than not. The thing about it is that it's rooted in truth. I've often flirted with long hair and I do look a little bit like Meatloaf when it's framing my chubby facial features. When I was at secondary school I distinctly remember queuing up for school dinners with my nice long hair thinking about what a rockstar I looked when I heard a girl cry out, "fu#king hell, he looks like Meatloaf!". The whole group of girls there all started pi#sing themselves laughing. Reality bites.

Another of my 'hilarious' jokes:

"I know what you're thinking, you're thinking, no you don't"

This is a new joke. I'm not sure if it will work. I've told it to a few people with varying results. I'm also not entirely sure it's my joke. I'm pretty sure it is, but it's quite neat and not really in my sort of style*. I haven't consciously stolen it but I wouldn't be surprised to learn that I had. Obviously this would mean I'd have to stop doing it. Anyway, it might not be funny so it won't matter.

I think that's enough of my 'hilarious' jokes for one entry.

Oh dear.

NM

*Listen to me. What a c#nt. I've done about two gigs and already I've got a style? I deserve to fail. I'm doomed. No I'm not. It'll be fine.

Comments

nice posting. thanks..

Popular Posts