Direct link to twitter: www.twitter.com/nickmargerrison
Direct link to podcast: http://thecultofnick.libsyn.com/
Or click on the massive iTunes button to subscribe to the podcast...

Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes

thecultofnick

Why not try and tickle someone's 'BACKSPACE'

Do not go and see "The Queen" with Helen Mirren. It is every bit as rubbish as you'd think. I'm still a little unsure as to why I went to see it myself. Me and the lady got tricked by this sort of crap;

"Dame Helen Mirren's movie performance as the Queen has been met with critical acclaim" [link to a BBC review].

Initially I thought it was going to be utter s#it 'made for TV' nonsense. Then I got drawn into the hype machine. "Ohh, it might be good", I ended up thinking. It's all about the period in which 'Her Majesty' was flapping about as the public got upset that Diana was dead. It's a good film in that it does remind you of the emotional hysteria which went round at the time. It's a rubbish film in every other respect. Particularly bad was the bloke who is acting the role of Tony Blair. He does a cringeworthy impression of him, it's like he's taking him off. Awful. Bloody awful.

It's the second encounter I've had with something that was irredeemably s#ite, in as many days*. On the other hand you've got Tom Green's website which is genius. I spent about two hours watching it as I pottered about sorting out my room today. It's amazing, every bit as good as promised. I mentioned it here some time ago.

The problem with the film though is that it made me realise I'm starting to become a bit of a Royalist. I sort of like the fact we've got a Queen. It's sort of good. Better than any alternative which I've ever encountered. The American system for example, where a possibility of Arnie as President is a real one? I found myself watching this rubbish film and thinking things like, it'd be a shame to get rid of them though. You'd only be replacing them with c#nts like Tony Blair. Why bother?

NM

*Yesterday's Robin Hood entry being the other.

No comments:

Follow by Email