Email this one (Tuesday) to a mate. It's brilliant.

My effervescent* mate James Piekos was very encouraging about my new stand-up material. I've spent some more time writing it today and without wanting to curse it I genuinely feel quite confident this time round. I feel it's starting to take shape and sound like a proper set. It's at the point where I'd actually tell it to someone in conversation because I thought it was funny. I guess that's where I've been going wrong previously. Maybe.

I had a really quite bad radio show tonight though. Not awful but just loads of little technical hitches which got me wound up. You know, like when you have a day where you're bumping into things. One of those days when you can just tell that you're going to drop the ball someone just threw over to you. And it'll knock a coffee cup over. And all the coffee will go on a computer. One of those days.

Unlike me, Phoneboy had a cracker of a show. He's sounding really good at the moment. I was horrified to hear his story about getting scammed of his cash card details though. It's one of the reasons I refuse to buy stuff over the internet. Only today I sent an email to the people who are organising the release of the Stewart Lee DVD and email asking if I can order with a cheque via the post. He said yes in the end. The link to the site where you can order Stewart Lee's new video, including a few sample clips, is here. Please report any c#nt who goes pumping out pirate copies though. I don't mind so much with the big companys but it takes the p#ss a bit with the littler ones.

Talking of comedy here's another "hilarious" Kramer clip for your enjoyment. Like I said in my last post, this is big news in America and the videos are being removed almost as fast as they're being posted. Mainly for copyright issues. A few searches on YouTube should find them if this has been taken down by the time you read it. "Kramer, apology" and "Kramer, racist" should do the trick.



Here's the direct link.

Personally I think the matter should be over with now. He's made a mistake, paid the price, what do you do? I'll tell you what though, this is America and I'll bet this story will keep on running.

NM

*I've ummed and ahhed over the idea of putting up a quick definition of the word "effervescent" here. "On the one hand," I thought, "it's sort of patronising to the majority of readers who will know what it means". "Then again," I pondered, "we've suddenly had a big influx of Americans who are oddly taking an interest in this blog and everyone knows they're thick as sh#t so...". It's a toughie! No doubt about that. By the way, if you are American I'm using that famous British sense of irony when I describe you all as thick. You're not thick. Unless you needed me to explain that. Erm... now where was I? Aha! Definition of "effervescent" from
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1)
ef‧fer‧ves‧cent  /ˌɛfərˈvɛsənt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ef-er-ves-uhnt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective
1. effervescing; bubbling.
2. vivacious; gay; lively; sparkling.


Um. James is not "gay" in the American sense. He's "gay" in the British sense of the word. Just so you know.

He's not a homosexual. At least not in the British sense of the word.

Neither am I.

Comments

Popular Posts