(Monday) Supposed to be random but it ends up being the source of the entry.

The Monday dog picture...

Look at this cheeky little fella. Me and the lady were out in Manchester with one of our mates when we saw this cabbie who had decided to bring their pet out with them for the day. That's not my girly hand stroking his chin, it's our mate's. I haven't worn a wristwatch in years*. If I had a dog I'd want to take it around with me. My mate Scottie McClue takes his dog in to work with him. It's called Reith and is one of the nicest animals you're ever likely to meet. Liking dogs is a sure sign of good character.

However, I've spotted an obvious flaw with the idea of having an event like "the monday dog" which is so day specific. Although these updates are always thought of on the day in question I often publish them late. As a result today is not actually Monday. This will probably end up getting published on Thursday. Ruined. Still, it's a good dog picture isn't it?

Apparently I am a:

You Are a Pundit Blogger!

Your blog is smart, insightful, and always a quality read.
Truly appreciated by many, surpassed by only a few

I'm not entirely sure that's accurate but I did answer all of the questions on the above poll as honestly as possible. The reason I took the time to fill it in is that I'm constantly trying to improve this blog and I haven't really worked out what the best way to do that is. It has improved, I think but it's very hard to tell. We're coming up to a year now and looking back at some of the old entries is an odd experience. Some of them seem obviously dishonest and that annoys me. I'm constantly being reminded that truely great people sincerely do not give a flying f#ck what others think of them. Just so long as you believe what you're doing is important it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

Prancing about worrying about saying the wrong thing is not something I always do but I can see it in some of those early postings. I think I've outgrown that a bit now.

I've often thought that the way to really do a blog is to theme it. Write about something specific, like politics or conspiracy theories or something. As I stumble towards my first year as a blogger I'm unsure if that's right or not. Probably not.

Bloody hell eh? Almost a year.

NM

*Despite the fact that it's fu#king years since I wore a watch I still look at my wrist tag when I go to the gym if I need to know the time. I'll be looking at it for a second or so thinking, "I don't get it, what's wrong with my watch?". Then I'll realise it's not a watch. Then I'll remember I've not worn one for years. Senile at 29. Brilliant.

Comments

Leather Face said…
29. I thought you'd be about mid to late 30's, not that age is really anything but numbers and when spoken, just noise, which in turn is circular, requiring other words to describe it, thus making it meaningless.
Neil Porter said…
Yes, I had you down as being around my age (34). Youth of today eh, acting older than they are ;)

Popular Posts