Direct link to twitter: www.twitter.com/nickmargerrison
Direct link to podcast: http://thecultofnick.libsyn.com/
Or click on the massive iTunes button to subscribe to the podcast...

Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes

thecultofnick

So hot dang go

London is a scary big place but if you play it right it can be great fun. The strange vibe of the place can unsettle you at first; there's no respect for personal space as people scrabble about, very few people seem to speak english*, you have the constant fear of getting mugged and I feel a constant pressure not to just chill out and stand still.

I was pretty nervous about today in London as I was here to interview Pat Mills, the godfather of comics, for the second time after our first hook up last year. It was just as exciting as last time although perhaps a little more nerve wracking given that I felt a bit of a pressure to make sure we covered everything I could think of. In retrospect though there were a few things we missed but to be fair I could talk to him forever about his career, it's one of the longest and most successful in the industry.

Now it's time to turn all the material we've got into the cracking interview it already is. Fans of comics will be totally blown away by some of the stuff we've got on tape. It provides a real insight into his stuff, which I'm enjoying even more now, after talking to him.

Also, I'm very excited about it as it will be my first "real" engagement as a writer. I've been doing this blog for over a year but I'm not sure people would take it seriously on my CV. This article however could shape up to be something I can show to people as proof that I'm a decent scribe as well as broadcaster.

I've always wanted to do some paid written work but have no real idea how to go about it. The REDEYE article I'm sat on will be a good potential springboard. All I need to do now is get writing it up.

After interviewing Pat Mills I went and hooked up with various friends and got tiddly in London. It was a really funny night and it gave me a chance to catch up with some old buddies, all of whom I'd like to see more often.

NM

* Apparently that's racist. Well call me Jade Goody but I really don't have a f#cking clue why, but more than a few people have told me I'm being racist there. I don't think I am. I'm just not cool with the fact I can't understand people who are working in industries where you'd have thought that might be a good idea. For example, you work in Marks And Spencers and you don't speak a word of English? How do I ask you where my favourite coffee drink is? With difficulty, that's how.

No comments:

Follow by Email