(tuesday) It's impossible to look for a ticket for a train without feeling like you've been caught without one.

According to my myspace site I have three friends. One of them is called Brett and I don't think I know who he is. Hopefully he won't take that the wrong way, if he reads this blog. After all, a stranger is just a friend you haven't met. Unless they're not. He seems alright though. He's got a Thundercats logo as his picture. That's all I know about him.

Quite a few of my friends in real life were dissapointed when I told them I'd got a myspace account. It was something I did in the middle of the night while p#ssing about on the internet. Obviously that's no excuse but I haven't actually used it for anything. I can't really see the point in it. Anything you can do there you can do on a blog but a million times better. The layout of the thing is awful, I've never landed on one that didn't look sh#t. I don't approve of this music that suddenly starts playing when you land on a site either. How tacky! It's like the sort of thing that you used to have to put up with on the net towards the end of 98/99 all the time, I though it had been phased out. There's a sort of implied wackyness to the whole thing that I'm not comfortable with.

The thing about the internet is that it seems to be taking up so much of my time nowadays that I almost feel like I live inside it sometimes. It's not healthy. I was chatting to a mate of mine recently about irratic sleeping hours and reading obscure wikipedia entries* when it struck me that this generation is possibly the first to have the opportunity to so comprehensively waste its own time like that.

It's a worrying state of affairs.

Oh and by the way, here's two sites which will drain hours from your life, click here or click here. Particulalrly the Blackadder Piolet on this one.

NM

*Action comic, an obscure but brilliant entry on wikipedia which I was reading at 5.30am.

Comments

Popular Posts