Direct link to twitter: www.twitter.com/nickmargerrison
Direct link to podcast: http://thecultofnick.libsyn.com/
Or click on the massive iTunes button to subscribe to the podcast...

Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes

thecultofnick

Likk the reflex

Getting really nervous about my forthcoming open spot at The Frog and Bucket. I'm going to send a little email to them just to check they've not forgotten about me. I'm going to try and re-programme myself as well. I'm going to treat my nerves as a positive thing. They're a sign I'm taking it seriously. It's very important to take comedy seriously. Oh dear.

I remember once going into a radio station, Kestrel FM I think it was. Anyway I had the following brain mashing conversation with a woman there:

Me: "I love radio though becuase at the end of the day it's just a bit of a laugh isn't it?"
Her:"Yes, it's a laugh. But it's a very serious laugh."

That still messes with my head. She really didn't appreciate the irony. To her a laugh was a totally different concept. It was a concept that had a gravitas and weight which I was totally unaware of. That tells a big story, to me, about the sort of person she was. It's a profound expression of her world. Quite a bleak expression of it I guess.

A serious laugh?

Madness.

NM

No comments:

Follow by Email