Direct link to twitter: www.twitter.com/nickmargerrison
Direct link to podcast: http://thecultofnick.libsyn.com/
Or click on the massive iTunes button to subscribe to the podcast...

Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes

thecultofnick

I'm still climbing each day

I'm confused. I've noticed this video on this site here.



Direct link.

It's a video of a bloke with down syndrome who has started off a rap career. I can't work out how I feel about it.

One thing I do know is that it's a manifestation of why the internet is so great. Without the web you would not be able to see this video, there's no way a TV station would go with the story unless they ran it as a bloody "novelty story" at the end of the news. It's worth more than that.

There's no way he'd be able to gain a fan club either. But he is; he's got his own website here and his own myspace here.

However the comments on the video are mixed, some good and some bad, some are downright cruel. What I like about it is that I genuinely find the fact it's happened at all an inspiration. People believe in him, he's making it happen and it's got a place in the world, I think. Then again, on the other hand, some people are saying that it's actually unpleasant, tragic and exploitative. I don't honestly know, I've no knowledge of down syndrome or the bloke involved. I know his parents work in the music business. He's living a dream which many kids would f#cking kill for. I don't know.

All I can say is that it really made me think.

NM

1 comment:

Lloydd said...

I think it's fine. He may have a learning disability, but I think he is rapping because he likes to.

Follow by Email