(Thursday) Make it your hour of poor

I've planted a raspberry tree in my front room. My mate James bought me it for my birthday. Its not done anything yet but I've been watering it and I'm obviously quite excited at the prospect of growing something. I bought a big old plant pot to put it in and a big bag of soil as well. Like I say, I'm a bit dissapointed that it hasn't done anything yet but such is the way of these things.

I remember as a kid planting an apple tree in my back garden. Well, planting an apple. We left it there and totally forgot about it until my Dad noticed it had turned into a little tree. It lasted for a few years before we had to uproot it. It would have been a structural threat to the house if it had carried on. Shame.

I've been consuming these great Adam Curtis documentaries recently... the latest one is called The Century Of The Self and this is the first part of it:



It totally blew me away, there's four parts to it in total. I strongly suggest you watch all four. I came to it after I followed up a reference to a bloke called Wilhelm Reich who Pat Mills talked about in the interview I'm writing up for Redeye magazine at the moment. Reich is an esoteric thinker who seems to be in the zeitgueist at the moment.

Go see his wikipedia entry: HERE.

NM

Comments

Lloydd said…
Was this film just a sublimnal message to try and get me to buy bearnaise sauce?
Lloydd said…
Why did the apple go out with a fig? Because it couldn't find a date.

Popular Posts