Of course there's nothing left... (wednesday)

Ivan Brackenbury

At pretty much the last minute I realised that it was possible for me to get over to Sheffield's Takapuna Bar and go and watch Ivan Brackenbury. Now, I've been friends with Tom Binns for years and as a result it's hard to be impartial but... f#cking hell it was good! I mean, really, seriously, great. I don't know that I've ever seen an act like it. He stormed it. Amazing. If you get the chance, go and see him live. I can't explain how good it was. The YouTube videos give you an idea but they're not a patch on being in the same room as Ivan bumbles his way through his show.

It was good to see some of the people who were there as well. Hallam FM's Big John and the new presenter Ollie. Also, Galaxy 105's Hirsty all turned out to watch the show. Hirsty's an amusing chap and I've not seen him for a while. He's such a radio fan it's amazing. He knows all the names of almost all the presenters who have ever worked in radio. He's what's known as a bona fide radio anorak. It's hard not to respect that sort of commitment to the craft.

Other stuff

I've written a post on my blogs reviewed site which you may like to read. Furthermore, if you would like to submit your blog for a review pop a comment onto the site.

NM

Comments

Leather Face said…
Don't know Hirsty personally. But know Danny pretty well as he was good mate's with Chance, Ruddy, etc...

We where all in Magaluff together back in 1996! Man that's so long ago! I'm about 4 or 5 years older than these dudes theough.

Popular Posts