(Thursday) I need a wee.

My final night in the pub with my Dad and his friends tonight. Most social circles have a pub night, Thursday is my Dad's. There's general excitement all round that I'm off to work on a national station. I end up getting really f#cking drunk. It never ceases to amaze me the ammount of sh#t I talk when I have a few too many jars. I can't remember specifics but I do recall thinking I was squirting out b#llocks at a pretty consistent rate.

The bit I enjoy the most though is the wander home when me and Pop's talk about life, the universe and everything. It's odd really to notice the number of things that are simmilar between the two of us. Obviously I must copy his mannerisms and so forth but it's strange to realise the extent to which I do that. Little turns of phrase here and there which I thought were my own are actually things my Dad says.

Being bladdered and in the presence of my parents is less odd than it used to be but still something I don't handle all that well. I become self conscious, not something that goes well with being drunk.

We look round Birmingham soon for a flat.

NM

Comments

Ur Man CD said…
Not in anyway related to this post but as a Herring fan I though you might be interested in this serious blogger's account of a gig by the man. copy and paste this http://www.silentwordsspeakloudest.blogspot.com/2005_02_20_silentwordsspeakloudest_archive.html#110934068641157919 - I can't be bothered to find out how to hyperlink in these comments.

Also the guy's blog itself has some welcome stuff on getting on in Birmingham. Worth checking.
Nicholarse said…
Cheers man!

NM

Popular Posts