An Arabian Night in Stratford

Me and the lady went to the theatre in Stratford tonight to watch "Arabian Nights". You might recognise one of the stories which make up part of it, 'Ali Baba and the 40 thieves', you know, with the cave that opens when you say the magic words: "Open sesame". That story forms part of a wider collection of stories, some of which were performed tonight.

I'm always amazed at how good actors can really draw you in to a piece. The actress who played one of the main parts has been in Doctor Who and Coronation Street recently but I can't believe those roles gave her the scope to do the sort of stuff she does in this.

I'm not a theatre critic and I didn't make notes during the performance but I can tell you it was good. If you get the chance go and see it. And hang about during the interval, the cast come on in character and muck about. LINK TO IT HERE.

Comments

Popular Posts