Direct link to twitter: www.twitter.com/nickmargerrison
Direct link to podcast: http://thecultofnick.libsyn.com/
Or click on the massive iTunes button to subscribe to the podcast...

Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes

thecultofnick

Angry pancakes

Shrove Tuesday.

My girlfriend asked for pancakes when she came back so I picked up some pancake mix on the way back from the gym. It's easier than dicking about with flour. "Right, this should be easy," I thought to myself as I popped the radio on and got to work.

About an hour later and I was shouting and swearing at the "non stick" pan which quite clearly didn't understand the prefix 'non'. There was a plate with my aborted attempts at pancakes sat on it: two or three blobs of gooey crap. In came my girlfriend all excited about pancakes. "I've brought some bits of chocolate," she announced as she came into the kitchen.

I peeled off the one pancake I'd managed to make and put it on a plate. I was in no mood to eat it. I tried to make another one without success.

My girlfriend ate the pancake.

"You can taste the anger in it, angry and pancakes are two words that don't mix".

She had a go at making one, with success, even flipping it!

I ate a bit of the pancake - it didn't taste very nice. Something was clearly wrong with the batter.

I ordered a Chinese instead. Turns out it was also Chinese New Year so they gave us a little new year present.

NM

No comments:

Follow by Email