Direct link to twitter: www.twitter.com/nickmargerrison
Direct link to podcast: http://thecultofnick.libsyn.com/
Or click on the massive iTunes button to subscribe to the podcast...

Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes

thecultofnick

"What about Breakfast at Tiffany's?"

Sunday 14th Feb - Valentine's Day

For some reason the 14th of Feb is one of the most important days on the calendar, if you're a girl. I've never understood why that is but my life has been significantly easier ever since I accepted it. I was chatting to a taxi driver about this and he said "if it's about telling your woman you love her then, well, every day is valentine's day right?". There was a little moment as we both looked at each other and then we both started laughing.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not the Scrooge of Valentine, me and the lady went to watch Breakfast at Tiffany's. The condition was that I couldn't slag the film off or point out the rubbish bits. My girlfriend gave me a strict warning "don't ruin the film after with sarky comments". It's for this reason that I've never been able to watch Sex in The City. I gather that it't a film about how women define themselves by their relationship to men?* To be honest there was no real need for conditions, despite not being the sort of thing I'd make a point of watching it was a good film. It's interesting to me that Audrey Hepburn prefigures this "size zero" type that we're being told is a new phenomena these days.

My girlfriend loved it.

NM

*I just can't resist pulling it apart. Despite not having seen it. Oh dear.

No comments:

Follow by Email