Life flows on within or without you

When I was a little kid my Dad took me to the cinema to watch Superman II. During the film I managed to be that annoying little brat that talks. Although I don't remember it my Dad tells me that I had a deep need to tell everyone that I was on to Clark Kent's little game. His trick with the glasses didn't fool me: "He's Superman! Clark Kent's Superman everybody! They're the same man!"

This week me and my sister have been having a full on New Age fest. She went along for a past life regression at: www.auroratherapycentre.com. It's the place where we did a regression on the old Kerrang show.

My sister has always been into ghosts, astrology and tarot. We've been messing about with Tarot cards predicting each other's futures and generally indulging in the odder end of life. It took me a while to get to a point where I was secure enough to look into these things without the intense need to debunk. Part of the trick to enjoying these things is allowing yourself to accept that they exist in that nebulous weird part of reality where dreams might mean something and there's no such thing as a co-incidence.

On the other hand you can't be Superman all the time so it's important you always have your glasses to hand. Use them whenever you start to feel out of your depth, it's amazing what they can reveal. I suspect 'the truth' lies somewhere inbetween and is not something I'll ever understand.

NM

Comments

Lloydd said…
All this guff you indulge in, is to fill that God shaped hole in your life.
Anonymous said…
His trick with the glasses didn't fool me: "He's Superman! Clark Kent's Superman everybody! They're the same man!"

No, dear, as I remember it, you were the one asking where Clark Kent had gone every time Superman appeared. No point trying to claim otherwise...

Popular Posts