Almost Jesus's age...

25th March

This time four years ago I was 29 and trying to be a stand up comedian. I celebrated my birthday with my girlfriend (who I now live with) and was struggling to work out how my career was going to make any sense at a local radio station in Sheffield.

There's a link to a blog entry from the day here.

The process of aging can be rendered gradual when you think back in detail over all the things you've done over the past few years. In those four years I've seen friends of mine get married, give birth, buy houses. I've moved house more than once, changed job more than once, been to the Edinburgh festival more than once, done a couple of Glastonburys and spoken to a huge collection of weird and wonderful people.

It has always annoyed me when people say that life is short. It isn't as long as I'd like it to be but it is the longest thing I can remember experiencing. The devil is in the details.

NM

Comments

Popular Posts