Reading Illuminatus

13th July

As I've mentioned before, my raw enthusiasm for the world of conspiracy theory has declined somewhat in recent times. However I'm still very keen on Robert Anton Wilson* so I'm giving "The Illuminatus trilogy" a go.

It's a satire on conspiracy theory. What I like about it is that it gets into some of the nitty gritty areas which are true. It also rakes through the bits which are clearly false and then those that lie somewhere inbetween. What more could you want?

The book lay the foundations upon which Dan Brown has built a career but it did so with a wry smile.

That said I'm only about one third of the way through it so perhaps this review will change. It seems a little early to offer my thoughts. There might be a really dull chapter coming up in a minute. Then I'll have wasted everybody's time. That's exactly the sort of thing you do not expect when writing or reading a blog: timewasting!

I wonder if Illuminatus will ever be made into a film? If it is will they wear their masks?

NM


*Or "Pope Bob" to give him his informal but correct title. He's one of the officially recognised Episkoposians of the fifth Pope Of The High Church.

right, I am now going to press on with the illuminatus trilogy . . . starting to really enjoy it. 11 July 2010 09:43:49 via mobile web

Comments

Popular Posts