Rise of the planet of the apes


The idea that animals are incapable of cruelty annoys me. It's ill informed, coming as it does from some mad Disney influenced world view which adults really should know better than to take seriously.

I recently watched that film, Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes. It was quite good overall but it had this logic in there at points. The apes, who in this film live in our time and are just developing consciousness, seemed to be in possesion of an innate sense of morality. They were 'good' in comparison to a number of the deeply unsympathetic human characters.

I guess the reason this annoys me is because I believe we ARE animals. There are no traits found within us that are unique to humans.

This is grit in the shoe of those who would like to worship the perfect world of mother nature where everything has been poisoned by people. Despite what the extreme animal rights activists might think their worldview requires people to be special. Especially cruel, bad, wicked and evil.

I don't think they are.

Previous entry is similar vein.

Comments

Popular Posts