Tinker tailor soldier snooze

I knew I'd made a mistake at what felt like twenty minutes in and the credits were still running as atmospheric music lumbered about in the background. They may as well have put a few captions up saying:

"THIS IS A SERIOUS AND PROPER FILM".

Nowadays I have to have a reason to watch a film. Today's was that I had spare time on my hands before work. I'm under the impression this film was about spies. It's really about pretentious bores wandering about with 'serious' written on their face. The cast list says it all, you've got lots of old men who everyone has been told to like because they're such 'brilliant serious actiors': John Hurt, Gary Oldman, Colin Firth etc.

I really tried to enjoy it... then fell asleep after eating my popcorn.

NM

Comments

Popular Posts